Fencing :En garde!
How did fencing shape the history of the world and France before it was a sport?
How did it become one of the big players in popular culture?
Why is it the leading provider of medals and Olympic champions for numerous countries?
Why is it growing exponentially around the world?
The exhibition answers these questions.
Discussed subjects :
- The age of legendary swords
- The birth of fencing
- Duels: a very French tradition
- From war to sport
- From sport to competition
- Women in history
- The arrival of sport and competitions
- Epee, foil, sabre
- The lightsaber
- The electricity era
- The athlete and his preparation
- The secret stroke
- Video games
- Performing Arts